Masala chicken on toast. Easy to make but tantalizingly delicious in taste !!
Looks like my happy days are coming y’all!!! Wifey dear is going back home to India… So I am going to be single again for 3 whole months.. (LAUGHS!!!!) Ahh the good old days are going to be back again… At times like these our home is usually in complete chaos since the two of us are trying to co-ordinate a million different things. Quick and easy recipes are obviously the way to go at times like these. When quick and easy recipes turn out to be these sumptuous like this “MASALA CHICKEN ON TOAST’ then they provide those rare moments of peace in the middle of utter madness.
Its been just about 3 years since Maddy’s been back home to India. So when she expressed her desire to go see her family there was absolutely no way I could say no. To be absolutely honest I was jumping for joy the moment she said it because that would mean I get to relive my bachelor days again (LAUGHS!!!). I think I should stop talking about having fun since wifey dear is giving me angry looks already. It just feels like it is a matter of time before steam is coming out of her ears and she makes me suffer the consequences (CHUCKLES!!!)
On a more serious note we have so many things going on between my work and the India trip that it proved extremely difficult to think of a recipe to post. This recipe for Masala Chicken on Toast is simply a result of a bit of good fortune coming my way. I mean all I did was to cook the marinated chicken that I had with a few spices and put it on a piece of toast. Who would have thought that something so simple was going to end up tasting so freaking delish???
I am obsessive about marinating any kind of meat before I cook it. This time I made a simple marinade of yogurt, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, turmeric and red chili powder to which I added the chicken. Cover and let it marinate in the fridge overnight.
Melt butter in a pan and roast the onions till translucent. Transfer the onion in a food processor and grind with tomato puree and cashews into a fine paste.
In a heavy bottom pan melt butter, add ginger garlic paste followed by the onion and tomato paste. Stir well and cook for 5 to 7 minutes till oil starts separating. Now mix in the marinated chicken, coriander powder and garam masala. Let the chicken cook in its juices for few minutes. Cook until the gravy thickens and chicken is soft and tender. Season with salt. Garnish with fresh coriander. Once cool shred the chicken with fork or leave it as it is.
Toast the bread apply garlic butter and or regular butter for extra indulgence. Spoon the chicken on top and Serve !!
If you are on Facebook I would love it if you Like my FACEBOOK page.
- 1 pound Chicken (boneless skinless thigh)
- ½ cup Yogurt
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- ¾ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 1 ½ tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Tomato puree
- ½ big Onion (chopped)
- 8 Cashews
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt as per taste
- Garlic Butter
- Mix together yogurt, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, turmeric and red chili powder in a bowl. Cut the chicken thighs into small pieces and add to the above mixture. Cover and let it marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Melt butter in a pan, roast onion till translucent. Transfer the onions in a food processor and grind with tomato puree and cashews to get a paste.
- In a heavy bottom pan melt butter, add ginger garlic paste, onion and tomato paste. Stir well and cook for 5 to 7 minutes till oil starts separating.
- Add marinated chicken, coriander powder and garam masala. Stir and coat the chicken pieces. Cook until the gravy thickens and chicken is soft and tender
- Season with salt. Cover and cook for another 10 min to let the flavor come together. Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Once cool shred the chicken with fork and mix.
- Toast the bread apply garlic butter, spoon the chicken on top and Serve !!